This Winter- Maintain Healthy and Glowing Skin..!!
Fitterfly - Team Nutrition
- Posted On December 12, 2017
WINTER IS COMING!!
With the seasonal changes, our body also goes through different changes. In the winter season, as the temperature drops the battle for healthy skin begins. During this season, skin problems get highlighted such as redness, dry skin, itchy skin, itchy scalp and dandruff. Healthy skin is vital for children's health. It is the first line of defence against infection and is visible to the world. It is also true that “beauty comes from within” and for this healthy food for kids and exercise are essential. A few of the nutrients which are to be included on a regular basis:
- Omega 3 fatty acids: these are important for maintaining skin health by promoting cell repair. It helps to keep skin thick, supple and moisturized. Deficiency of omega 3 can lead to dry skin, wrinkles. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help to fight against skin problems like psoriasis and lupus.
Sources: Fatty fish, Fish oils, Flax seeds, nuts and oilseeds.
Tip: Flax seeds, chia seeds can be incorporated in Fruit smoothies and as a salad dressing.
- Vitamin E: it is an integral part of the skin’s antioxidant defences. It is essential to protect the skin against UV induced free radical damage and inflammation. Deficiency of vitamin E can lead to skin lesions, delayed wound healing, itchy skin.
Sources: vegetable oils, nuts and oilseeds.
Tip: Use it in the form of Nutri Laddos, Chikki’s. Sprinkle oilseeds on soups and salads.
- Vitamin C: it is an essential antioxidant that protects your skin from oxidative damage which can lead to signs of ageing. Vitamin C is required for the production of collagen which is the structural protein that keeps your skin healthy. Deficiency of vitamin C can lead to tiny spots, red-blue bruises on the skin, dry skin and easy bruising.
Sources: Citrus fruits, Amla, Guava, Lemon etc.
Tip: Guava shakes, fruit salads, candied amla etc.
- Beta carotene: this antioxidant acts as a natural sunblock and protects the skin from sun damage and contributes to a healthier look. This may help prevent sunburn, and erosion of cells which can result in dry or wrinkled skin.
Sources: Carrots, Sweet potatoes, Apricots.
Tip: Try yummy tomato and carrot soup or yellow pumpkin soup for this winter.
- Hydration: Hydration is equally important to keep skin healthy. It helps to remove toxins from your body. Drink plenty of water along with other liquids like milk, buttermilk, soups, lemon juice etc.
Sleep: Sound sleep is also a helpful habit for maintaining healthy skin. It truly restores health and well-being. At least 6-8 hours of sleep is recommended.
What kids eat determines their overall health and immunity. Antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and water are the key ingredients in our healthy skin’s recipe.
Include these wonder foods in your family's diet regularly and watch their skin glow!
Fitterfly is a wellness company run by doctors, nutritionists and wellness experts with an aim to empower people with knowledge and tools for good health. We use personalized technology for everyday wellness. Our qualified Coaches at Fitterfly provide detailed customized guidance according to your age, health condition, and personal preferences. To know more, download and use ‘Fitterfly Wellness’ app from play store or app store or write to us at email@example.com or just call us at +917045065225