Go Bananas Kids..
Fitterfly - Team Nutrition
- Posted On July 08, 2017
Banana- An all time favorite fruit eaten by millions of people of every age group all across the globe.
This energy filled fruit can be eaten as whole; sliced to make fruit salad or works as a great addition in breakfast cereals or smoothies. Apart from being nutritious, it is easily digestible and popular especially for its aroma, texture, easy to peel and eat qualities.
Our FitterFly team of Pediatric Nutritionists have summarized the health benefits of this power packed fruit in a nutshell just for you.
- Banana – referred to as an energy booster fruit….Do you know why?? - Since it contains large amounts of readily assimilable carbohydrates (glucose, fructose and sucrose) along with fiber. Before or after any sport just pop in a banana and feel the gush of energy.
- Potassium present in edible portion of banana benefits the muscles, thus banana prevents muscle spasms.
- A study also suggests that high potassium content in banana proves to boost brain power in children.
- Best benefit of bananas includes its unique property to maintain bowel regularity. It can be used as a constipation remedy and is also helpful in curing diarrhea and dysentery. By far the only fruit with dual digestive capacity. Isn’t it a boon for children!!
- Apart from providing satiety due to its fiber content, bananas contain a prebiotic compound fructooligosaccharide which nourishes probiotic flora, or good bacteria, present in the gut. Bananas stimulate the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system and help produce digestive enzymes which makes this a fruit enchancing digestion process.
- Bananas can be used to fight intestinal disorders like ulcers. This fruit neutralizes the acidity of the gastric juices, thereby reducing ulcer irritation by coating the stomach lining.
- Antifungal and antibiotic principles are found in the pulp of fully ripe bananas.
- Bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin which is known to improve the mood. Serotonin also inhibits gastric secretion and stimulates the smooth muscle of the intestines. Either a bedtime sweet craving or be it a little replacement for a bedtime snack, bananas does find its way into the small tummies anytime!!
- This fruit is rich in phenolic compounds, flavanoids and Vitamin C which contribute to the antioxidant properties of banana and thus help build up the immune system making this fruit consumable during fevers or frequent infections.
- Vitamin C content in bananas also increases the absorption of iron and increases the blood formation.
- Bananas are packed with Vitamin B6 which is necessary for providing antibodies and red blood cells as well as helps in fat metabolism. It also serves as an immunity booster.
Overall, bananas are a definite good combination of energy value, vitamin and mineral content and hence recommended to be included as a part of our child’s daily diet.
Having learnt about these bunch of advantages of eating banana, we are sure you will encourage your little ones to grab those bananas from the fruit basket and let them GO BANANAS !!!!!
Fitterfly is a wellness company run by doctors, nutritionists and wellness experts with an aim to empower people with knowledge and tools for good health. We use personalized technology for everyday wellness. Our qualified Coaches at Fitterfly provide detailed customized guidance according to your age, health condition, and personal preferences. To know more, download and use ‘Fitterfly Wellness’ app from play store or app store or write to us at email@example.com or just call us at +917045065225